Friday, January 06, 2006

From the Barbra Bulletin ^_^

The Ultimate DVD Box From the Ultimate Entertainer Goes 5 Times Platinum in Just Over One Month! ...

BURBANK, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 01/04/2006 -- The five Barbra Streisand early career TV specials, which confirmed for critics and the public alike that she would be the music world's most legendary female entertainer for decades to come, have just gone five times platinum -- in just over one month after their release prior to Thanksgiving.

(it's a nice feeling i contributed to making it 5X platinum^_^)

Streisand & Brolin Inspire Songwriter ...

Songwriter Diane Warren told the press that the theme song to the movie "Armageddon" ("I Don't Want To Miss A Thing"), which was a hit for the group Aerosmith was inspired by Barbra Streisand! Ms. Warren said: "I saw some of the scenes, especially in the end where Bruce Willis' character dies. It was very touching. So I wrote 'I Don't Want To Miss A Thing.' I'd had the idea because I heard something that James Brolin said about Barbara Streisand, that he didn't want to go to sleep because he'd miss her. I kept that idea in my mind."

(great! i love this song... can you believe it!?)

brought to you by the barbra bulletin gods and godesses :
lynne pounder, all about barbra magazine
mark iskowitz, the barbra streisand music guide
matt howe, barbra-archives.com
paul katz

No comments: