Sunday, August 31, 2008
Jason Segal is funny. Anyone watching How I Met Your Mother could tell that. But, it's different when you're also the writer of the movie. And he's a composer too!
Great romantic movie. I loved it when he told his daughter (Ryan Reynold's character is getting divorced with his wife) "You're the happy ending..." hehehe I'm a sucker for this moments.Wow Forrest Whitaker's character here is really something.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
PRAYER FOR ASKING GRACES THROUGH
THE INTERCESSION OF THE SERVANT OF GOD
POPE JOHN PAUL II
We thank You for having graced the Church
with Pope John Paul II
and for allowing the tenderness of your Fatherly care,
the glory of the cross of Christ,
and the splendor of the Holy Spirit,
to shine through him.
Trusting fully in Your infinite mercy
and in the maternal intercession of Mary,
he has given us a living image of Jesus the Good Shepherd,
and has shown us that holiness
is the necessary measure of ordinary Christian life
and is the way of achieving eternal communion with you.
Grant us, by his intercession, and according to Your will,
the graces we implore, hoping that he will soon be numbered
among your saints.
Live Webcam at Vatican State website showing John Paul II's Grave updated every few minutes. | Link |
Monday, August 25, 2008
sharing lunch under the "gazeebo"
MRT morning rush hour
wow... Am I glad I'm not working in Makati
Ma'am Anne doing her stuff at the Pugad Lawin
Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Mint
View from East Avenue Medical Center
Napping at the East Ave E.R.
Dozing off at Figaro at Riverbanks in Marikina
Zagato Fried Chicken
Prepared for my family at Pugad Lawin Health Center
National Kidney Institute's Chapel
Senator Drilon at the NKTI lobby
Doc Mark when I visited UST for a check-up
He fed me candy when I was supposed to be fasting
View from Philippine Heart Center's Courtyard
Dra. Gamilla on a Calendar!?
Morning endorsement rounds
Medicine Department, NKTI
Morning Endorsement Rounds at NKTI
Early Morning E.R. East Ave
Lung Center E.R.
One of the Lung Center Gardens
Called the "Bromeliad Garden"
It's an old book rediscovered in the Oprah book club. I was channel browsing when I came upon the Oprah episode. Everybody who knows me knows my interest in architecture and the book's plot on a simple priest wanting to build a great gothic cathedral (the first of it's kind in England at that) really caught my interest. It did more than interest me. A lot of interwoven stories of people. I admit, it dragged on a little but I couldn't put it down. And what really amuses me is that I can imagine that the story of the people here is very VERY realistic. Their everyday worries of someone sacking their town, the greedy landowners, the ficklemindedness of monarchs. All in all, this book goes into my favorites list!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Congratulations to my former batchmates who passed this august's physician licensure exam! Galing mo Philip!
Top 10 Physicians:
- Marlon Diaz Garcia, Far Eastern University-Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation -- 88.75%
- Dave Anthony Pasetes Diomampo, Saint Louis University -- 88.17%
- Gentry George Teng King, University of Santo Tomas -- 87.42%
- Janice Jill Keng Lao, University of the Philippines-Manila -- 87.42%
- Nemencio Jr Reyes Ronquillo, University of the Philippines-Manila -- 87.17%
- Paolo Potato Villanueva, University of Santo Tomas -- 87.17%
- Allan Louie Espino Cruz, University of Santo Tomas -- 86.92%
- Philip Blanco Antiporta, University of Santo Tomas -- 86.58%
- Ma Cristina Dela Cruz Briones, University of Santo Tomas -- 86.42%
- Lemuel Benedict Robleza Non, University of the Philippines- Manila -- 86.17%
- Sheila Jane Tan Zanoria, Cebu Institute of Medicine -- 86.17%
- Angela Sacayan Apostol, University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Mem. Medical Ctr.-- 86.08%
- Karel Ann Alipasa Espejo, University of the Philippines- Manila -- 86.08%
- Grace Ann Mariano Nicolas, University of Santo Tomas -- 86.00%
Best even is that I've probably got the coolest consultant as my boss. Doc Ike. I won't blurt out why he's cool (just ask me in private *wink it's off the record haha).
I'll never forget the great food they feed me EVERYDAY (FREE FOOD). I'll never forget all of them and I hope I'll later have a chance to visit them and hug them. I thank them all from the bottom of my heart for a great two months vacation. God bless you all!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
The New 7 Wonders of Nature
The Philippines NEEDS you pinoy to put it back on the map!
Our prime nominee:
Puerto Princessa Subterranean River
Our Country needs this!
vote here >>