Monday, July 04, 2005

another trip to UST

i brought my grandmother last night to the ust emergency room because she was having chest pains. at first, i thought that it might be GER because as i asked her, there was no radiation of the pain and that she tasted something bitter earlier on. i had her brought to the hospital just to be sure, as only an ECG and a cardiac enzyme panel would confirm if she had MI.

the laboratories and the ECG results confirmed that she had an ischemic episode, she needed to be admitted. she was admitted to the UST CVU, and it is now that i see one of the reasons God gave me this time-out (^_^ you should see me now, im almost crying). i have a lot of free time now because i have to take care of my lola. she took care of me from since when and i think Mama Mary is telling me something, that i have yet more important responsibilities for the time being...

one of the best decisions of my life was transferring my lola to the care of Dr. Super Mario, i owe him a lot really. i think my former groupmates' and my great knowledge in cardio roots from him and that alone merits great gratitude, and now this... :-) God will bless him i know. and if ever you want great care hehehe i'm promoting him, he has a subspecialty on hypertension and atherosclerosis.

lz

for the benefit of the lay people :
GER - gastroesophageal reflux (heartburn)
MI - myocardial infarction (heart attack)
ECG - electrocardiogram
CVU - cardiovascular unit

2 comments:

Princess said...

i wish i could be there for you. i miss you terribly.

i hope she's gonna be ok soon.

i'll be praying for you and your lola.

marge

Lord Zagato said...

salamat ^_^ don't worry, we'll have time to go out soon (sana:-)